Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson | BOOK REVIEW

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

Published May 2016
Synopsis
Andie had it all planned out. 
When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.
Important internship? Check.
Amazing friends? Check.
Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks).
But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life.
Because here’s the thing—if everything’s planned out, you can never find the unexpected. 
And where’s the fun in that?

My Review: 
This was a fun, yet predictable summer read.
The plot wasn't anything incredible, and at times I thought it was a tad slow. There definitely aren't any big twists or anything, but it was still fun to read ! I love dogs so of course I loved reading about her summer job!

While a big part of this book centered around fun, light and fluffy summer fun (that scavenger hunt!) there was also the grief Andie and her dad shared over her mother, the very real friendships and how they can change, and of course the strained relationship between a father and daughter.

I also loved Clark and I feel like any book nerd will! DIMPLES. *swoon*
While I really enjoyed reading this book, it ranks below Since You've Been Gone and Amy and Roger's Epic Detour for me. (I still need to read Second Chance Summer! Soon!)

**4/5 stars**

What did you think about this book? Where does it rank for you with Morgan Matson's other books (if you've read them?)

No comments:

Post a Comment